Friday 17 August 2012

Introduction

This blog contains the views of me, a Sheffield Wednesday armchair supporter! I don't attend matches week in, week out - I'm not one of the travelling 'massive' that invade countless away grounds. It doesn't stop me having my views on the club I have supported for over 20 years though. I don't mind being told by other Wednesdayite's that I'm not a real fan for my lack of money going through the turnstiles, if that makes them feel all high and mighty then so be it. When my opinion gets discarded for it though, that's when I get defensive - and I'm sure it's the same for others not able to plough money into the club they love... afterall - We're All Wednesday Aren't We?

I'm a regular on Twitter (@SE_MJS) and I have to say, there's some vile Wednesday fans on there. Shoving it down fans' throats that they attend every home and away game so they are the cream of the crop as far as Wednesday fans are concerned. Now, don't get me wrong - I admire their dedication being able to do that, but when you start being abusive towards people that aren't able to do that then you quickly lower yourself in my estimations. The words "When you go to as many games as me, then I'll listen to you" are the type that frequently get typed by many of these people. *Unfollow*. Opinions are what make the game we love, greater. As diverse as some are, they all count and all make for an interesting read. This is the blog of one of the so called Armchair Supporters, I hope you enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment